Friday, June 29, 2012

What is wrong with me??

So I was told worrying before the baby arrived was normal and I thought it was extreme then. Now that Jack is here, I worry about everything every second of the day. It gets worse - if I'm about to do something with him or someone else is I think about the worst thing that could happen in that situation! Why is that? Why can't I just live for the moment and not stress over my baby's well-being. It is not that I don't trust the people he is with, but I just continue to think about the bad. Maybe it's a OCD thing and if I don't worry I feel like I'm a bad mother or something. Weird, huh? It could be that the older he gets, the more he can get into and so it's more of a task to keep an eye on him. Not to brag, but Jack did learn how to sit, stand, pull himself up in a standing position and transfer himself from one thing to another pretty early! Now he is starting to stand on his own for seconds at a time. And of course, everything goes to his mouth first. He has found the tags on stuffed animals and now that is what he looks for so he can put it in his mouth. I know he can bite it off too bc I have caught the whole thing in the roof of his mouth once and it scared me to death! But that does not stop him. "Le gusta la mala vida" He lives dangerously, my mom likes to say. So now I have you make sure the tag is cut completely off.

I guess the worrying will never end for parents. Even when he is 45 I'll still worry. How does the saying go? "Deciding to have a baby is to decide forever to let your heart go walking around outside your body..."? Something like that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment



Road Down Mommyhood




Munchkin Land Designs
Designs by Heather Ann Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.