Wednesday, April 6, 2011

16 weeks and counting

This Friday I will be going to my 3rd doctor visit. I think they will be doing a 3-D scan of the baby to see if the baby's lip is forming okay. We have a history of cleft pallets in my family and the doctor just wants to check. However, I have yet to get a sonogram picture that I can take home and after talking to a lot of people they said they had one their first visit. :( Well, I am going to ask for one and maybe they will be able to tell if it is a boy or girl. Or twins....if not then I'll have to wait another month.

I feel like the growth of the baby is happening so fast. I am 16 weeks and according to my time-line, I should be able to feel the baby kick soon....? I am not even that big. One of my friends told me its not real to her until she sees my stomach fully grown. I understand that. It is kind of how I feel. I don't know how I'll be able to feel the baby kick if I am barely able to see a stomach. I am naive. I know this, but it is still so unreal to me. I wonder all the time who the baby will look like. Both sides have pretty strong genes. I really hope the baby comes out looking like Ram so I can fall in love all over again especially if it is a boy. Will the baby have my Chinese eyes? His dimples? My nose? his smile? Whatever the baby will look like, I just hope he/she's healthy.

I start to see myself get excited day after day. I can't wait for the little one to get here. He/she has no idea how much they are already loved by so many. :)

1 comment:



Road Down Mommyhood




Munchkin Land Designs
Designs by Heather Ann Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.