Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stare me down

I have realized that everyone is going to give their opinion whether you want it or not. Some will judge because I am not married while others embrace the new generation of families and are happy for you. It is usually, the old-fashioned strangers who grew up a certain way that tend to think that pregnancy outside of marriage is wrong. I am looked down upon for it. I feel like a stereotypical, Hispanic woman who is just a breeding machine when I get these stares. Did I not get my college degree from a well-recognized school in Texas? Do I not have a good job? Am I not an independent woman? Luckily, I have family and friends that support me and are happy for me. Everyone is excited!

The only thing that matters is that I am a good mother and I am happy. You can stare all you want, but it won't affect me! :)

P.S. MIDDLE NAMES SUCK! If it were up to Ram, he would name our kid after The Lion King! Thank goodness I'm the boss ;-) Love you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.